Selection and Admission Process
Qualified candidates are interviewed. Interviews are scheduled by the Program Director after the MTIMPM Application, application processing fee, and transcript(s) have been received and evaluated for meeting minimum academic pre-requisites and eligibility requirements. The interview deadline is as posted on the MTIMPM application instructions for Ascension Michigan Laboratory Services.
Selection and admission in the School of Medical Laboratory Science are not based solely on academic achievement. The Selection and Admission Committees make their evaluations and decisions based on: academic background; GPA's in science and math, clinical laboratory science and cumulative overall; recommendations; interview; experience in the workplace and laboratory; various other factors indicative of success in the profession of medical technology. At Ascension Michigan Laboratory Services School of Medical Laboratory Science, we provide equal opportunity to all and comply with the letter and spirit of all federal and state non-discrimination laws. There is no discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty and other legally protected status, or status as a covered veteran. The Selection and Admission Committees submit a list of selected applicants to Medical Laboratory Science Internship Matching Program.
Applicants matched by MTIMPM to Ascension Southeast Michigan, School of Medical Laboratory Science receive e-mail notification directly from the Program Director of outcome.
After admission but before being allowed to begin the Program, Ascension Southeast Michigan, School of Medical Laboratory Science selected applicants are required to:
- Complete required pre-requisite course work
- Submit official transcript(s) with degree awarded.
- Complete a Ascension Southeast Michigan Health System School of Medical Laboratory Science Program application
- Pass a drug and medical examination performed by the Ascension Southeast Michigan Health System, Occupational Health Department
- Read and endorse the signature page indicating acceptance of the terms and requirements stated in: Intern Agreement, Confidentiality Agreement and Technical Performance Standards/Essential Functions.
- Attend the Ascension Southeast Michigan Associate Orientation
The clinical program offers a summer start (July) and winter start (January). About one to two months beforehand, you will be notified of the specific start date and time and where to meet on the first day.