Obtain & Complete MTIMPM Application
All applicants must obtain the MTIMPM Application from MTIMPM’s web site at https://mtimpm.natsci.msu.edu/
Complete the MTIMPM Application and fulfill the additional, specific Ascension Southeast Michigan, School of Medical Laboratory Science application requirements.
- Complete all sections legibly.
- The “current address” is used for correspondence
- Make sure to provide a complete e-mail address (i.e. email@example.com) that is frequently monitored.
- List all previous and current educational institutions attended. Attach an additional page if needed. Failure to list all institutions attended can cause a delay in processing or the denial of the application
- All applicants must read, complete and sign the Statement of Acknowledgement Section. Failure to do so may cause a processing delay or denial of application.
Submitting Application and Documentation
Submit the following directly to:
Program Director, School of Medical Laboratory Science
19251 Mack Avenue
Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236
- Completed MTIMPM Application
- A $10 non-refundable Application Processing Fee. Make check/money order payable to: Ascension Michigan, School of Medical Laboratory Science
- Separate transcript from each college or university attended
- It is necessary to submit an “official” copy of the transcript.
- Individual semester grade report(s) or a credit transfer report are unacceptable substitutions for transcripts.
- Applicants with
- transfer credits from another institution must submit a separate copy of each transcript. Having the transfer credit listed on the transcript is NOT sufficient.
- BS degree, must have degree and date received indicated on the transcript.
- foreign baccalaureate degree must include a transcript evaluation from an acceptable evaluation agency.
- List of courses in progress or planned indicated on completed "Academic Course Plan"
- Using a separate sheet for each Essay Question and in you own handwriting, answer:
- Essay #1: Describe your personal & professional goals. Identify the values that have influenced your development as a person & as a professional.
- Essay #2: Identify the individual(s) & the educational & life experiences that have led you to choose a clinical laboratory science career
- Completed recommendations
Application and Documentation Deadline
Only applications and documentation that are postmarked or received by the MTIMPM deadline (see https://mtimpm.natsci.msu.edu/ ) and include all of the required items will be processed and evaluated. Completed recommendations are requested but not required by the deadline date
Incomplete and/or Late Application and Documentation
The applicant is responsible for submitting necessary documentation by the deadline. Application documentation received or postmarked after the deadline date is considered late. Incomplete and/or late applications are considered only after all completed and on-time applications have been processed and if a position remains open after the MTIMPM computer run.