Entry Level Laboratory Positions
Exciting and challenging entry level positions are available in the laboratory. If you are interested in assisting laboratory professional in scientific testing procedures, and willing to work in a fast paced hospital laboratory environment, a laboratory assistant position is for you. Laboratory assistants perform a variety of duties in various departments of anatomic and clinical pathology under the direct supervision of a Medical Laboratory Scientist. These duties may include:
- Perform set up procedures in preparation for high complexity testing to be performed by a certified laboratory professional.
- Perform laboratory tests cleared for home use by the FDA according to established and approved protocols.
- Maintain equipment records
- Perform quality assurance activities related to test performance
- Follow established system, hospital and department policies and procedures, including safety, environmental and infection control requirements.
- Comply with the requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.